November 22, 2005

Full stomach



Steve told me a story once about a pair of white doves that live near the bridge. He's probably the only person that's ever seen them since they live basically, on an interstate. I could tell by the way he told it that they were something special to him. Yesterday, I went down to the camp where he stays periodically and there was a lady I'd never seen before, sleeping in the bushes. She had red hair so initially, I called hello and when she raised her head I apologised for having disturbed her and said I was just checking to see if she was Steve. Shrouded in a muddy blanket, she sat up and called back to me that she hadn't seen him yet today. There were clothes hanging on a makeshift line between two evergreen trees and I wondered as I was leaving, if that was where the doves had lived.

Do not take on an empty stomach.

I forgot to mention in the last post that although Steve went for a day and a half without his medication, it was returned to him, yesterday afternoon. It appeared that milk was Monday's beverage of choice.

No comments: