December 1, 2005

Barney's Christmas tree



Just fifteen minutes after I posted last, there was word on the voicemail that Steve was summarily evicted from the van. Not unusual. Sources said he was up at the bridge but there was someone else working that corner when I got there so I checked at Barney's and there he was still feeling, and looking, a little better. He's decided to stay there for a few days and rest up. When I left the two of them (around 5:30 p.m. yesterday) they were planning to string blue Christmas lights around the window. I probably should've stayed for that.

Photographers will want to know that Slate and Magnum have partnered to bring us regular online interactive feature stories (everybody say ooooh baby). The introduction is here. Don't know if it's my browser or a bug but the sound was sketchy or missing in some places. Regardless, the stories couldn't be better.

No comments: