December 23, 2005

Same as it ever was



It's been unusually serious around here over the last month or so. Thanks to you who are still checking in and the newcomers as well. I thought I might let you all know that there may be a short break, not in picture taking but in blogging. It came as no surprise that four days before Christmas with a looming deadline, I managed to burn up a hard drive. This led to one night of CPR, mild panic, an hour's worth of tech support, a trip to the emergency room and pending surgery (for the box, not me). A telephone call yesterday from the Mac doctor said he was able to save the goods (glory hallelujah) and that the part I needed might be in today. I had to fight off a laugh then. We all know these people are standing around a conference and/or a mail room table right now, drinking cheap wine out of a plastic glass and trying to decide what to eat next. I don't blame them a bit.

In any event, this page is due for some festivity but at the moment, I can't say when that'll be. Enjoy the holiday. I wish all of you peace, prosperity, hope, and a comfortable pair of shoes.
Bisy Backson, SA

No comments: